County Assembly Service Board (CASB)
The Nyeri County Assembly Service Board (CASB) was established pursuant to section 12 (1) of the County Governments Act 2012 as a body corporate with perpetual succession. It has four members: The Speaker of the Assembly as the Chairperson; Leader of Majority as the Vice-chairperson and Leader of Minority and one person a resident in the County appointed by the County Assembly from among persons who have knowledge and experience in public affairs, but who is not a Member of the County Assembly. The Clerk to the Assembly is the Secretary to the Board.
The County Assembly Service Board (CASB) is a body corporate established under the provisions of section 12 of the County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012. The Board is responsible for:-
- Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly;
- Constituting offices in the County Assembly Service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
- Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval, and exercising budgetary control over the service;
- Undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and
- Performing other functions:-
(i) Necessary for the wellbeing of members and staff of the County Assembly; or
(ii) Prescribed by national Legislation.
The County Assembly Service Board members were sworn in on 21st June 2013 and held its first Board meeting on the same day. The first meeting of the Board was essential as it set out the framework to address issues that required immediate intervention. The Board was also expected to come up with immediate solutions to the issues identified. Led by the Chairman, the board prioritized key short term programmes to solve some of the long term challenges.
The Members of the Board are:-
- Hon. John Kaguchia - Chairperson
- Hon. John Ndumia Mwangi - Vice Chairperson
- Hon. Pauline Wanjira Maina - Member
- Ms. Florence Nyambura Waichigo - Member
- Mr. Jenard Mwiggeh - Secretary