The procurement department in the County Assembly of Nyeri is in charge of procuring goods, works and services for the Assembly. The mandate is guided by the following principals:
- To ensure Procurement Procedures are compiled as established under the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and Regulations 2006.
- Monitoring the overall functioning of the Public Procurement system including accountability and documentation of the procured items.
- To ensure that every purchase represents a fair and reasonable cost to the tax payer for the required goods or services.
- To ensure that all qualified and interested potential suppliers are extended the opportunity to compete for County Assembly of Nyeri tenders.
- To ensure that all purchasing transactions are processed in a timely and cost effective manner that best fulfills the requirements of the user while satisfying any applicable legislation and Management policy.
- To provide strong leadership in the procurement process, through knowledge, teamwork and communication to enhance efficiencies and cost saving and to ensure transparency and fairness of County Assembly services.