Hon. James Gichuhi Mwangi
Hon. James Kanyugo Mwangi
Hon. Watson Mburungo Weru
Mr. Isaac Gichohi Mwangi
Ms Peninah Waithira Kaburu
Mr. Jenard Mwiggeh
The County Assembly of Nyeri Service Board (CASB) was established pursuant to section 12 (1) of the County Governments Act 2012 as a body corporate with perpetual succession. It has four Members; the Speaker of the Assembly as the Chairperson, twos Members from the Majority Party one the Vice Chairperson and the other as a Member. It is also comprised of two persons (male and female) who are residents of Nyeri County appointed competitively by the County Assembly who have knowledge and experience in public affairs, but are not Members of the County Assembly. The Clerk to the Assembly is the Secretary to the Board.
The County Assembly Service Board (CASB) is a body corporate established under the provisions of section 12 of the County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012.
The Board is responsible for:-
1. Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly;
2. Constituting offices in the County Assembly Service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
3. Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval, and exercising budgetary control over the service;
4. Undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and
5. Performing other functions:-
(i) Necessary for the wellbeing of members and staff of the County Assembly; or (ii) as prescribed by national Legislation.
The Members of the Board are:-
1. Hon. James Gichuhi Mwangi– Chairperson
2. Hon. James Kanyugo Mwangi – Vice Chairperson
3. Hon. Watson Mburungo Weru – Member
4. Ms. Peninah Waithira Kaburu-Member
5. Mr. Isaac Gichohi Mwangi-Member
6. Mr. Jenard Mwiggeh – Secretary